Very proud to be singing at this special event.
Not many people know the heartbreaking British Home Child stories, or even what a Home Child is – even though 1 in 10 Canadian’s are a Home Child descendant!
Check out the details below:
On September 28, British Home Child Day in Ontario, many special events will be held to celebrate the lives that one in ten Canadians are descendants of.
September 28th is British Home Child Day in Ontario
A Full Day of Special Events Celebrating the Lives of our British Home Children
- BOOK LAUNCH of Belonging, Sandra Joyce’s sequel to The Street Arab – The Story of a British Home Child
- Performances by members of Barb Perkin’s HOMECHILD Musical, Folk Singer Marion Parsons, as well as Highland and Irish Dancing – and of course, there will be bagpipes and drums!
- Author Marjorie Kohli will give a presentation on the contribution British Home Children made in the First World War.
- Rose McCormick Brandon will host an open mike session with British Home Child stories including two British Home Children.
- A multi-media installation inspired by the lost childhood of British Home Children by international artists Nerea Martinez de Lecea and Michele Woodey
- MP Judy Sgro, York West, former Minister of Immigration, will also be on hand to help in the celebrations
- This day will culminate in a SPECIAL DINNER to be held in the Village: reserved tickets, including parking, admission and a three course meal.
Please click here for more details.